Maintain Your Ideal Weight Using The Ideal Weight Calculator!
Welcome to Allcalculator.net, your ultimate destination for maintaining your ideal weight. Our Ideal Weight Calculator is a powerful tool that helps you determine the weight range suitable for your height, age, and gender. Whether you're looking to lose weight, gain muscle, or simply maintain a healthy lifestyle, Allcalculator.net provides you with the resources and guidance to reach and maintain your ideal weight. Say goodbye to guesswork and let our Ideal Weight Calculator support you on your journey to a healthier you.
Are there any formulas for the development of IBW?
There are four formulas for measuring IBW; the Devine formula is most widely used. The formulas are shown below:
G.J. Hamwi Formula – 1964
Male – 48.0 kg + 2.7 kg per inch over 5 feet
Female – 45.5 kg + 2.2 kg per inch over 5 feet
This formula is invented for medicinal dosage purposes
B.J. Devine Formula – 1974
Male – 50.0 kg + 2.3 kg per inch over 5 feet
Female – 45.5 kg + 2.3 kg per inch over 5 feet
This formula is similar to the Hamwi formula. The formula became a universal Determinant Of IBW.
J.D. Robinson Formula – 1983
Male – 52 kg +1.9 kg per inch over 5 feet
Female – 49 kg + 1.7 kg per inch over 5 feet
This formula is the modification of the Devine formula
D.R. Miller Formula – 1983
Male – 56.2 kg + 1.41 kg per inch over 5 feet
Female – 53.1 kg + 1.36 kg per inch over 5 feet
This formula is the modification of the Devine formula.
Mention some of the interesting facts about the ideal weight calculator.
- Growth in men till the age of 25, after which the weight normally remains constant
- An average 70 kg or 150lb mass of an adult human body contains 37.2 trillion cells approximately.
- Almost 99% of the human body's Body Mass comprises six elements: oxygen, carbon, hydrogen, nitrogen, calcium and phosphorus.
- There are 60 chemical elements present in the human body, and around 25 are required for life and good health.
- Some bacteria reside in the normal human gastrointestinal tract rather than cells in the body.
- All trace elements such as zinc, iron, copper and selenium make up less than 10 grams of the human body.
What is the ideal weight for a female?
To determine the Ideal Weight for a female, you can use the Devine formula;
45.5 kg + 2.3 for every inch over 5 feet
100.3 lb + 5.1 for every inch over 5 feet
There is no Universal Weight for a woman as it varies depending upon your height. This formula does not tell you if you should lose or gain weight.