Mean, Median, Mode, Range
Random Number Generator
Permutation And Combination
Find out the areas for different shapes using the area calculator!
An area calculator is used easily to calculate the area of common bodies like a square, rectangles, circles, triangles, ellipses, trapezoids, circles, regular octagons, and sectors of a circle. There are many formulas to calculate the area of simple shapes. The standard unit of area in the International Systems of Units (SI) is the square meter or m2. In this article, you will find the formulas for all common shapes and know how to calculate based on the explanation.
Area of square calculator
The area of square calculator is an online tool that displays the area of a square for a given measure. This square calculator makes your calculation easy and displays the area of the square result in a fraction of a second.
Formula for area of square = side2 or (a2)
The area of square formulas is often used that use the diagonal, perimeter, circumradius, or inradius.
Use of area calculator
- First, enter the side measure in the input fields
- Click on calculate button to get the area
- Finally, the area of the square will be displayed in the output field
Area of a Rectangle calculator
The rectangle is a 2D figure with four sides and four corners. The two sides of the rectangle meet each other at a right angle.
The length and width of a rectangle are equal, and the shape is a special case of a rectangle, called a square.
The formula for the area of the rectangle = length x width
Use of Rectangle Calculator
- First, enter the length 'a' and breadth 'b' in the input field
- Click on the calculate button to get the area and perimeter
- Finally, you can get the result of the area and perimeter of a rectangle displayed in the output field.
Area of triangle
There are many equations for calculating the triangle area based on the information available. The equation used in the above calculator is known as Heron's formula. Different formulas for triangle areas depend on the laws and theorems.
Base and height formula
Triangle area = b x h / 2
Two sides and the angle between them
Triangle area = 0.5 x a x b x sin (γ)
Triangle area = 0.25 x √( (a + b + c) x (-a + b + c) x (a – b + c) x (a + b - c) )
Two angles and the side between them
Triangle area = a2 x sin (β) x sin (γ) / ( 2 x sin (β + γ) )
Right triangle area = a x b / 2
Use of a triangle calculator
- First, enter the base and height of the given triangle in the input field
- Click on the button solve to calculate the area
- Finally, the area of the triangle will be displayed in the output field
Area of Trapezoid
A trapezoid is a convex quadrilateral with at least one pair of parallel sides. The parallel sides are the bases of the trapezoid. The trapezium area is defined as the space covered by the trapezium in the two-dimensional plane.
Formula for area of trapezoid = b1+ b2/ 2 x h
Use of trapezoid calculator
- First, enter the vertical height and base length in the required field
- Click on the calculate button to get the area of a trapezoid
- Finally, you can get the area of the trapezoid which got displayed in the output field
Area of circle
The area of the circle refers to the number of square units inside the circle. The area is represented in square units. A circle is a closed figure where the points on the circumference of the circle are equidistant from the point called the center. The distance between the center and the circumference is called the radius.
The formula for the area of the circle = πr2
Area of Circumference of circle = C2/ 4
Use of area calculator
- First, enter the radius in the respective input field
- Click on the calculate button to get the result of the area
- Finally, the area of the circle for the given radius got displayed in the output field
Area of sector
A sector is part of a circle enclosed by two radii and an arc. The sector is also referred to as the pie-shaped part of the circle. The area of the sector is proportional to the arc length.
The formula for the area of sector = ϴ / 360 x πr2; if ϴ is in degrees
Area = ϴ / 2π x πr2;if ϴ is in radians
Use of area of sector
- First, enter the arc length and theta value in the input field
- Click on the calculate button to get the area of the sector
- Finally, the area of a sector got displayed in the output field
Area of ellipse
An ellipse is the form of a circle. The differences between the circle and ellipse area formula are the substation of r2 by the product of the semi-major and semi-minor axes are a x b:
The formula for the area of the ellipse = π x a x b
Use of area of an ellipse
- First, enter the radius of the x-axis and y-axis in the input field
- Click on the calculate button to get the area
- Finally, you can get the area of an ellipse displayed in the output field.
Area of parallelogram
Parallelogram is a quadrilateral that has two pairs of parallel sides. It is a two-dimensional figure which is measured using area and perimeter. Rectangles and parallelograms have similar properties. You can calculate the area given base and height, sides and angle, or diagonals of a parallelogram and the angle between them.
The formula for base and height
Parallelogram Area = a x h
Sides and an angle between them
Parallelogram area = a x b x sin (α)
Diagonals and an angle between them
Parallelogram area = e x f x sin (ϴ)
Some common area units
Unit -Area in m2
Square meter -SI Unit
Square kilometer -1,000,000
Square foot - 0.0929
Square yard - 0.8361
Acre - 4,046.9
Square mile - 2,589,988
How can you calculate the area on this website?
- Open the calculation page and follow the steps.
- Select the shape in which you want to calculate the area
- Follow the formula and enter the value of the given field like base, width, height, depth, length, and radius
- Finally, click on calculate button to get the result of areas on different shapes
Features of area calculator
Area calculator has many features, which implement all the possible features that can be implementable. The features are listed below:
- Simple design and easy to use
- It is an online and free calculator
- Automatic calculation
- Different shapes- calculate the area of shapes like circles, cubic, squares, parallelograms, trapezoids, and triangles.
Our Area Calculator provides a user-friendly way to calculate the area of different shapes effortlessly. Whether you need to find the area of a square, rectangle, circle, triangle, or any other shape, our calculator offers quick and accurate results for all your area calculations.
What do you mean by area?
How to calculate area?
What quadrilateral has the largest area?
How do I calculate the area under the curve?
Is using this area calculator useful?
Area Calculator: Calculate The Area Of Any Regular, Irregular, Or Complex Shape
Area Calculator provides a comprehensive calculator for measuring and finding the area of all basic shapes and figures. This free calculator allows us...
Area Calculator, A Free Tool For Calculation!
The area is a quantity which determines the size of a two-dimensional figure. This calculator is useful for estimating the land area and evaluating th...
Make Area Calculations Easier Using Area Calculator
An area calculator is especially useful for estimating land area. It is a free online tool that displays the exact output. The areas of more complex s...